Meet Sara Sharnoff Tick, LMFT
Are you tired of the daily struggle with your partner? Have you lost your connection after several years together? Do you know that things can improve, but you don’t know where to begin? At Charleston Family Counseling, we help with:
- Couples Therapy
- Separation and Divorce
- Family Dynamics
- Life Transitions
- Gender identity/self-expression
- Eating Disorders
To get started, call 843-213-2643 or contact me here.
Office Location and Hours
176 Croghan Spur Road Suite 100 Charleston, SC 29407
Adolescents with Eating Disorders
- Mealtimes can be the most stressful of all, and that is where I come in for support.
- I help coach parents how to ensure their child is eating in a healthy and efficient manner and turn meantime stress into a relaxing family experience again.
- I also use Maudsley Family-Based Therapy which enlists the support of the entire family as a resource in helping the adolescent battle the eating disorder.
- Treatment initially focuses on weight restoration and/or elimination of bingeing and purging behaviors, with the parents given the task of providing adequate nutrition for their adolescent during family meals.
Couples and Marriage Counseling
- I provide premarital counseling to couples of all sexual orientations to discuss important life values and goals that will guide you throughout your marriage
- I teach practical communication skills and teach couples how to support their partners during life’s difficult journey
- I help couples who have faced infidelity rebuild their trust and grow together as a stronger unit
- Family therapy involves the entire family system and sometimes even supportive friends to improve communication and resolve conflicts
- I work with individuals facing anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses and utilize their families as their biggest allies and sources of support
- I assist with families facing challenging life cycle events (such as divorce, preparing for college, or death of a loved one )