Adolescents with Eating Disorders
When a child has an eating disorder, the entire family is affected.
- Mealtimes can be the most stressful of all, and that is where I come in for support.
- I help coach parents how to ensure their child is eating in a healthy and efficient manner and turn mealtime stress into a relaxing family experience again.
- I also use Maudsley Family-Based Therapy which enlists the support of the entire family as a resource in helping the adolescent battle the eating disorder.
- Treatment initially focuses on weight restoration and/or elimination of binge and purging behaviors, with the parents given the task of providing adequate nutrition for their adolescent during family meals.
Gifted and Talented Teenagers
- I work one-on-one with academically talented teenagers who struggle with anxiety, depression, and/or social skills
- I teach students how to best utilize their gifts while tackling the pressures of school and friends
- I help students create well-rounded lives that increase their confidence and make them excited for their future
- Family therapy involves the entire family system and sometimes even supportive friends to improve communication and resolve conflicts
- I work with individuals facing anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses and utilize their families as their biggest allies and sources of support
- I assist with families facing challenging life cycle events (such as divorce, preparing for college, or death of a loved one )
Appointments can be cancelled/rescheduled as long as 24 hours notice is provided. If less than the required notice is given, the client agrees to pay a fee of $75 (insurance will not pay for missed appointments). Exceptions will be made in the instance of a serious medical emergency.