Hi, I’m Sara Tick!
About Charleston Family Counseling
“I’m at the end of my rope. We are having the same fight over and over and nothing ever changes. I can’t take this anymore.”
In my counseling practice, I primarily work with couples who know that their relationship has fallen off course. I utilize an integrative approach to therapy that incorporates cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and solution-focused therapy. I believe that therapy should be collaborate and a positive experience, and my hope is that you walk away feeling lighter after our sessions.
For a free consultation, please call 843-213-2643 or contact me here.
Education and Background
Born and raised in Columbia, SC, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology and a minor in gender studies from Indiana University and a Masters of Science in family therapy from the University of Massachusetts Boston. After working at an adolescent outpatient eating disorder clinic in Waltham, MA, I moved to Charleston, SC to continue working as a licensed therapist with individuals, couples, and families.
Random Facts About me
- My favorite food is tacos (I could eat them every day.)
- I was first chair in the middle school band for trombone.
- My favorite place on earth is Dublin, Ireland, where I studied abroad in college.
- I’ve known that I would become a therapist since elementary school.
- I have a rescue German Shepard named Good Girl (because she’s the goodiest!)