Meet Sara Sharnoff Chesley, LMFT
Are you tired of watching your teenage daughter struggle? Have you noticed changes in her behavior or mood and want to turn things around? In my Charleston counseling practice, I help teenage girls with:
- Eating Disorders
- Life transitions
- Gender identity/self expression
My approach is strengths-based, supportive and nonjudgmental. I enjoy helping teenage girls find their own unique sense of purpose and direction. In working with teenagers, I involve family members when appropriate to address family dynamics and help parents reach their family goals.
To get started, call 843-213-2643 or contact me here.
Office Location and Hours
3030 Ashley River Town Center Drive, B-203, Charleston, SC 29414 near Costco.
Adolescents with Eating Disorders
- Mealtimes can be the most stressful of all, and that is where I come in for support.
- I help coach parents how to ensure their child is eating in a healthy and efficient manner and turn meantime stress into a relaxing family experience again.
- I also use Maudsley Family-Based Therapy which enlists the support of the entire family as a resource in helping the adolescent battle the eating disorder.
- Treatment initially focuses on weight restoration and/or elimination of bingeing and purging behaviors, with the parents given the task of providing adequate nutrition for their adolescent during family meals.
Couples and Marriage Counseling
- I provide premarital counseling to couples of all sexual orientations to discuss important life values and goals that will guide you throughout your marriage
- I teach practical communication skills and teach couples how to support their partners during life’s difficult journey
- I help couples who have faced infidelity rebuild their trust and grow together as a stronger unit
- Family therapy involves the entire family system and sometimes even supportive friends to improve communication and resolve conflicts
- I work with individuals facing anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses and utilize their families as their biggest allies and sources of support
- I assist with families facing challenging life cycle events (such as divorce, preparing for college, or death of a loved one )